How Real Engineering Orgs Do It
You've probably heard plenty about CI/CD. But how do engineering teams put it in practice? Should you have a staging environment? Do trunk-based development? Use pull requests? Wrap your code in feature flags?
In this eBook, Pete Hodgson, breaks down the fundamentals of Continuous Delivery. Based on interviews with engineering teams of all shapes, sizes, and levels of sophistication, he shares how Continuous Delivery works in the real world.
Download this free ebook and learn:
- Why you should use fewer, not more, development environments
- How branching and continuous integration (CI) make CD possible
- Why even advanced orgs sometimes violate trunk-based development
- How code review processes and batch sizes impact velocity
- Deployment strategies such as single-piece flow and the release bus
- How feature flags and controlled rollouts separate deploy from release
- Actions to implement, or improve, Continuous Deliver within your own organization